Pages

3/22/2009

Interview with Andee Penner of Dandee!

Name: Andee Penner

Shop name: Dandee

Shop address:, www.dandee.etsy.com

Other sites: www.dandee.artfire.com www.sewdandee.blogspot.com



What draws you to using trashion materials?
Honestly, it's what easiest and on hand! It's of course important to me to recycle and use fabrics etc. that are getting thrown by the wayside. But the idea of making something old and worn out into a new, exciting and functional creation makes me gitty!



What trashion materials do you use?
My neighbor at my brick and mortar shop is generous enough to donate all of her futon upholstry samples to me so I now have a basement FULL of all kinds of one of a kind pieces of fabric. I piece them together to make bags, pouches, cup cozies and even some clothing. I also take advantage of items in my Gently Worn section here at my store that just aren't selling. I chop them up and make whatever I can dream up!



Do you remember the first thing you made using the trashion concept?
Hmmmmmm, that would've been some time ago. I think I recall taking my old Strawberry Shortcake sheets and making a pillow out of a piece of it. In fact, I think my Ma has a picture of me hand stitching the pillow in front of our fireplace.



What are your current projects and what is on the horizon?
Well, spring is around the corner and I just finished a fashion show that featured all recycled clothing which has really got my juices flowing. Using old sweatshirts and tank tops I've been putting together some fun spring/summer dresses. And as for what's on the horizon, it could be anything! My creativity comes out of the blue most of the time.



Anything else you'd like to add?
I'm loving that there is such a strong, bonded community of like minded people taking a concept that is not only environmental but fashionable at the same time!

3 comments:

re-maker said...

It's nice to meet you Andee.
Love your work!

TheRedCan said...

Andee, your stuff is great.

Dandee said...

thanks so much for the feature and the kind comments! it's great to be part of such an awesome team!