Pages

6/25/2009

Interview with Steph of Renegades Designs


Shop name: Renegades Designs
Shop address:  http://www.renegades.etsy.com
Other sites: http://renegadesdesigns.blogspot.com

What draws you to using trashion materials?
Pop culture has always been such a fascination for me.
I think that by using pieces of that in my handmade items
keeps it alive. I also feel such a responsibility
to minimize my carbon footprint. The older I get, the
more hippie mentality I get.


What trashion materials do you use?
In my created items I use previously loved dresses for
fabrics.
In my packaging, I use recycled paper for tagging and
shipping.


Where do you find your Trashion inspirations?
I have always been resourceful. If I didn't have something,
I would just search my closet and mom's closet to find
things to make what I needed. It's always been there for
me.

Do you remember the first thing you made using the
trashion
concept?

When I was in school I remember making note card sets
and envelopes for friends' birthdays out of magazine
pages.



What are your current projects and what is on the
horizon?

Currently I am intrigued by 30's and 40's romantic style.
I am figuring out how to incorporate that with my style of
pins and jewelry. I'm so obsessed with this style that
I'm thinking of opening a second shop for vintage wedding
items from this era.


Anything else you'd like to add?
Trashion is the greatest Etsy team I have been a part
of. We can't do it all alone, but together we can do
anything we want! Thanks for your support.

No comments: