Pages

8/24/2008

JenellsRevenge Twisting Vinyl

Etsy Trashion Materials Focus: Vinyl

Trashion team member Jennifer Ellison of JenEll'sRevenge gives Vinyl records some fresh functional art! We asked her a few questions about re-visioning vinyl and here is what she had to say:

What do you make from vinyl?

Currently, I have vinyl record cuffs/bracelets in my shop.

You can get them plain or painted. I am also in the process of making and adding bowls, earring and necklaces as well as finding new ways to customize and decorate it.

What do you love about vinyl?

It's so versatile, with a little creativity and some elbow grease you can come up with some cool wearables and decor. besides it just looks cool people are always puzzled when you tell them that something is made out of a vinyl record.

What's the largest challenge in reutalizing vinyl?

Not burning myself!!!! Seriously...it can get very hot...eventually my finger tips will become immune.

How long have you been working in this medium?

I have only been doing it for about 6 months...but with any project I hit the ground running. I am always thinking of and trying new ways to make it better and more unique.

Where do you find inspiration?

Honestly, everywhere. I love vintage, retro, pin-ups, old school tattoos, Hindu, oriental and I’m sure I'm leaving some things out...oh skulls....so you typically see those things reflected in my work.


Thank you for sharing your heart and creativity with us!


Interested in discovering more about Jennifer Ellison and her work? Want to have some of her lovely cuffs for your very own? Go to her Etsy shop!

No comments: