Since I'm also posting the Feature Me Friday posts, I thought it would be a great topic.
As a crafter and seller, you want to get your story out there - summer fairs, gallery exposure, wholesale orders, and don't forget the holidays (yes, time to start thinking about it now!).
Your story should include a few basic photographs, according to Vanessa and Danielle.
a nice head shot
a photo of your studio or workspace
a photo of you in the creative process
your items in context
your items against a plain background
You'll want to keep high resolution photos on file and you can always resize those later.
What else can you use these for?
- About Me or Contact Me page of your business website
- Your blog
- Facebook Fan page
- Your stream
- One of the images in your Etsy listings
- A blog, magazine, or newspaper interview
- Applications for a grant, artist in residency, gallery show or craft show
- If you're picked for Featured Seller on Etsy
- Etsy Open Studios Tour series on The Storque and its Flickr group
- For another example, check out ShareSomeCandy's Workspaces series
- Other Storque posts