Pages

5/31/2009

Interview with Carolyn of cowgirlrosie and oldethings


Shop name: cowgirlrosie and oldethings
Shop address:www.cowgirlrosie.etsy.com and www.oldethings.etsy.com

What draws you to using trashion materials? Part of the reason is the challenge. Also I have a long background as an elementary school art teacher and of course stretching the budget was always part of the mix, so we learned to use all kinds of recycleable materials.



What trashion materials do you use? Mainly I use wool garments, but from time to time whatever I find that is interesting.



Do you remember the first thing you made using the trashion concept? Oh, a felted wool purse of course.


What are current projects and what is on the horizon? I am working with cotton now and sometimes use old linens to embellish denim jackets or vests, For the coil things I will recycle nice drapes. I want to use the many, many men's ties I have collected for something, so look for that.



Anything else you would like to add? Just that I try to keep my mind open to new uses for things in my two shops and in my home, I am an antiquer also and so furnish with many recycled things.

3 comments:

auclairdelalune: recycled fabrics for human and habitat said...

Nice to meet you. Love the basket in the top photo!
Adrienne

Miss Courageous said...

love your shop, I think I need one of those bowls... =)

lilgreenshop said...

I love the bags! Your shop and items are all beautiful. So glad I read this as I didn't have you hearted.