Pages

8/30/2008

Painting Vinyl with CrankyPickle

Etsy Trashion Materials Focus: Vinyl
Trashion team member Jessica of CrankyPickle gives Vinyl records an artistic new face! We asked her a few questions about re-visioning vinyl and here is what she had to say:

What do you make from vinyl?

I take 12"s and create art work on them. I also use them to make painted dishes. I'm also trying to find a use for the sleeves.

What do you love about vinyl?

I like the shape of them. Also the center label area and how that looks even tho when I paint them I cover it up. I like that fact that when you hang it you don't need to do any extra work you can just stick the nail through the hole and your good to go.


What's the largest challenge in reutalizing vinyl?

The hardest thing I think was when I started. trying to figuring out how to get the paint to stick to the vinyl. I haven't found vinyl to be that hard to work with other then that.

How long have you been working in this medium?

I've been working with it for about 2 years now.

Where do you find inspiration?

I get inspiration from music, dreams, patterns, nature and the background pattern it self that I start out with. Some times I make a background and then the painting waits for days till the image just pops into my head of what I want to go with it. Most times I don't have a set design in mind when starting.


Thank you for sharing your beautiful art with us!


Interested in discovering more about Jessica and her work? Want to have some of her awesome paintings for your very own? Go to her Etsy shop!

No comments: