Pages

4/27/2011

Trash Talk Thursday: Tree of the Week

TREE OF THE WEEK

Last Sunday while walking to our local coffee place my friend told me that a tree we were approaching was her ‘tree of the week’. Did I have one she asked? I do not, I replied. (I am not a tree hugger type myself. My idea of being in nature is the walk from my vehicle to my front door.)

This, I have been told, is fairly common among upcyclers.
I think we come to this because
1- We are all thrift store, tag sale and vintage junkies.
2- We love the hunt.
3- We are very creative and like to challenge ourselves.
4- Oh yes, it’s good for the environment, blah blah, blah.

In order to upcycle you must be able to think outside the box and see the beauty in, well, garbage. Mucho creativity! A quick search on Etsy came up with many wonderful examples. Here are some of my favorites...



Enlightened Thinking

An Blath Paipeir





Amazing, right?


So next time you see that bulk trash pickup pile on the side of the road pull over and have a peek. You just never know what treasure awaits! You have your hand sanitizer already!


Happy Hunting!



4 comments:

Marysmenagerie said...

Love that chandelier and rebel top!

Gussie Gurl said...

LOL, that's exactly how I feel, not a tree hugger, but love the challenge of the upcycle! Great post.

kimmy said...

i am so happy to know others delight in their neighbors trash. i just cant stop myself from thinking..."what can i do with that?"

Rachael B. Winkley said...

I must be a split personality. I love being out in the country, woods, etc. But there's nothing more gorgeous or natural to me than a flea market in a dusty old parking lot : )