Pages

3/14/2008

Trashion Team Spotlight- Eladesign!

Shop address : www.eladesign.etsy.com




Trashion materials:

I use mostly fabrics that are left over from other designers in the retail
industry. Those fabrics have never been worn or used, but would
normally be thrown since they are too small or not suiting another
pattern needed.

I transform them into:
In my work I try to design Eco-Fashion. Using these recycled cloth
pieces means creating mostly one-of-a-kind items, that can not be mass
produced. I make everything from clothes to bags, accessories
and art.


How do you do it?

In any way possible, and changing all the time

What inspired you to do this and why are you involved in trashion?

Now days we are all starting to understand the importance of eco-friendly consuming and mass producing can be far from that. I love and respect our planet, and want to create with that in mind!




What was the first thing you made using a trashion concept?

Painting on unwanted photographs. That project was awesome!


What are your current projects and what is on the horizon?
continuing working on my clothes, creating a yoga line.
I believe the clothes we wear should expand our borders rather then
restrict them, and therefore I use mostly stretchy and soft fabrics.
I'm looking for the shapes, dividing the surface into its possible
ingredients.
I focus on complimenting the body and creating an interesting dialogue
with the garment. Each design I make is filled with love and
inspiration, and I wish it to be worn with the same intentions



Why should people buy handmade, and buy from trashion?

Since there is so much talent, so many lovely products that are one of
a kind, so many special artists to encourage, and only one planet that
needs to be taken care of!


Thank you telling us about your inspirations Ela! We're excited about your new yoga line!

No comments: