Pages

11/06/2007

Trashion team spotlight - Interview: artistvo


Shop name: artistvo

Shop address: http://www.artistvo.etsy.com/

In a nutshell: up cycled recycled 100% one of a kind collage art baby clothes

Tell us a bit about yourself : I am a painter, illustrator, fiber artist, collage artist, performing artist, writer, art teacher. I have been working for the past twenty five years, bringing diverse groups of people together through the arts with my 100% interactive theatrical storytelling events, using beautiful handmade puppets, props, costumes and musical instruments.


Trashion materials: anything I can get my hands on that can be cut, torn, sewn, nailed or glued down

I transform them into: wearable art clothes

How do you do it? my hands, my eyes, my sewing machine and my imagination.

What inspired you to do this and why are you involved in trashion? I started doing it when my children were little, 19 years ago!……it was a way for me to create unique clothes for them on the cheap, and people always wondered where we got them.

Do you remember the first thing you made using the trashion concept? yes
What was it? I made vest out of the crotch of a pair of pants.

What are your current projects and what is on the horizon? more baby clothes, stuffed toys and some surprises. Right now I’m making the coolest wallets, EVER!



Why should people buy handmade, and buy from trashion? Make a better world for all by just saying NO to the mall.

More you'd like to share: Imagination is the cornerstone for all human endeavors

No comments: